1. A bicycle (shall also mean an electric bicycle, a scooter or similar vehicle with an auxiliary electric drive close to the bicycle in terms of its design and weight) with size exceeding the stipulated dimensions for the transport of luggage, can be transported:
1.1. in the metro;
1.2. in trams (only on specified line sections);
1.3. in funicular;
1.4. in cyclobuses and in buses with special carriers;
1.5. on ferries.
2. In the metro, a bicycle can solely be transported on the first and last platform of each vehicle of the metro, in the direction of travel, except for the first platform behind the driver’s cabin. The passenger must board the vehicle by the door marked with the corresponding pictogram. In justified cases, where the carrier has granted a written exemption to an event organiser, bicycles may also be transported on other metro platforms, except for the first platform behind the driver's cabin.
3. In trams, bicycles may be transported on a platform intended for transport of baby prams. Transport of bicycles is only allowed in the determined direction, in stipulated sections, the list of which is published at the carrier’s website (www.dpp.cz) or at the ROPID organisation’s website (www.pid.cz), or the information can be requested on the telephone line 296 19 18 17. In the determind sections and stipulated directions, bicycles are transported in all vehicles of tram trains intended for passenger transport if the passenger carrying the bicycle complies with other provisions of these PID Transport Terms of Service.
4. In the funicular, bicycles are transported in the compartment of the vehicle marked with a corresponding pictogram.
5. The passenger carrying a bicycle in the metro, tram or the funicular, must further observe these provisions:
5.1. One passenger can carry only one bicycle; passenger(s) under 12 years travelling alone must not carry any bicycle;
5.2. The bicycle must be properly cleaned before boarding the vehicle or before entering the transport area;
5.3. During the transport of the bicycle, the passenger carrying the bicycle must be in its immediate vicinity and must permanently impede the spontaneous movement of the bicycle;
5.4. The passenger transporting the bicycle is responsible for ensuring that the safety of the persons or things being transported is not jeopardised by such transportation of the bicycle, including pollution thereof, and for ensuring that the vehicle will not be damaged or polluted in any way; particular attention must be paid especially when boarding the vehicle and when disembarking from the vehicle;
5.5. A maximum of two bicycles can be transported in a vehicle; in the metro a maximum of 2 bicycles on each platform, under the conditions stated in paragraph 2 of this article; passing the vehicle with the bicycle is forbidden.
6. The passenger carrying a bicycle must signal their intention at the stop to the tram’s driver by raising their hand and wait for the driver’s approval; the driver shall grant the approval if the area for transport of bicycles is not occupied by a baby pram(s), wheelchair(s), or fully occupied by passengers; before the stop where the passenger carrying the bicycle intends to disembark, the passenger is obliged to press the button of “Signal to the driver” twice. If boarding a tram at once, wheelchaired persons and passengers carrying a pram with baby take precedence.
7. Transport of bicycles is forbidden:
7.1. on a platform occupied in such a way that safe loading and transport of the bicycle is not possible;
7.2. if a baby pram or a wheelchair is already being transported on the platform in the vehicle;
7.3. if the carrier does not allow this transport (emergency, expected increased frequency of passengers, etc.);
7.4. in personal elevators in the metro transport area, unless the elevators are marked with a pictogram with bicycle symbol.
8. Transport of bicycles is not permitted in buses or trolleybuses, including buses operated as substitute service for the metro, trams or trains included in the PID system; the exceptions are only cyclobuses and buses equipped with corresponding special carriers at the rear of the buses that are intended for the transport of bicycles only.
9. Transport of two-seat bicycles (tandems) is permitted only in the metro and only in the case that the transport is related to accompaniment of a blind (partially sighted) person, subject to these conditions:
9.1. when entering the transport area, the accompanying person presents ZTP/P card to the authorised person of the carrier; the accompanying person does the same upon request of the authorised person of the carrier (transport inspection) anytime during the transport or stay in the metro transport area;
9.2. the accompanying person is responsible for safe transport of the two-seat bicycle, as well as for safety of the blind (partially sighted) person, for the entire time period of the transport or stay in the metro transport area;
9.3. the two-seat bicycle (maximum one) is transported on the last platform of the metro set.
10. The provisions regarding transport of bicycles apply also to single-wheel bicycles (mono cycles) and to scooters exceeding, by their dimensions, framework of the permitted luggage transport. However, the single-wheel bicycles and scooters cannot be transported on the special carriers for bicycles at the rear of the bus (due to the impossibility of their proper attachment).
11. Loading and unloading of a bicycle to/from the special carrier of the bus is allowed in selected connections of the line at the stipulated stops. These stops are marked in timetables and at the stop sign board by a symbol of a bicycle. Before boarding the chosen connection at the given stop, the passenger shall signal to the bus driver, by raising their hand, that they want to transport a bicycle. The driver may refuse to transport the bicycle if the special carrier is already fully occupied. The passenger is obliged to attach the bicycle to the carrier themselves and to notify the driver of the disembarking stop. The driver checks the attachment, locks the bicycle and hands over to the passenger a tag with the number of the bracket, on which the bicycle has been hanged. To improve handling and to avoid any damage, headlights, hanging bags etc. must be removed from the bicycles before loading. Bicycles which, due to their design, cannot be properly attached to the brackets, shall not be accepted for transport. At the disembarking stop, the passenger shall present the tag with the number of the bracket on which their bicycle is hanged. The driver will unlock the bicycle and the passenger will unload it themselves.