3. The Transport Document and Its Usage
- For the purposes of inspection of creation of a transport agreement for the time of its fulfilment (i.e. for the entire time of transport or occupation of the transit area) passengers possess a valid transport document.
- Types of transport documents, transport fares and tariff conditions are stipulated in the PIT Tariff.
- A ticket for an individual trip must be immediately validated in the stamping device in a tram or bus or at the time of entry into the transit area. The time designated for immediate validation of a ticket does not include the time the passenger needs to find an unprepared ticket, sitting down or performing other activities not related to immediate validation of a ticket.
- Tickets for individual trips can be purchased in the automated sales network, in Information Centres of the Prague Public Transport Company, from authorised vendors, at selected ticket counters of Czech Rail, from drivers of periphery bus routes, or from bus drivers of city bus routes (with a surcharge as per the PIT Tariff). In the interests of smooth passenger service, it is necessary for the passenger to have cash prepared in the amount of the price of the tickets being purchased, or reasonable banknotes up to a denomination of CZK 100 or according to the price of tickets, or pre-counted coins.
- A season pass or permit must contain the required information.
« prev next »
Go to navigation